Over time, your teeth may begin to break down and decay. Genetics, lifestyle, and other factors all contribute to how many healthy years your teeth have. If you have found yourself embarrassed to smile or having a hard time eating due to your teeth, it may be time to consider dentures. A well-made set can restore not only your self-esteem but your overall quality of life.
What are the Benefits?
If you are missing multiple teeth, speaking and chewing can become quite difficult. Although they will take some getting used to, a set of dentures can have you eating everything you used to in time. They can also have you speaking and smiling with confidence once more. When you lose teeth, your facial muscles can begin to sag. Dentures help to fill out your face, keeping you looking younger and healthier.
What are My Options?
There are different choices available, depending on your needs and goals. You can choose from:
- Conventional: This type is made after all of the teeth have been removed and your gums have had a chance to heal. This process can take several months.
- Immediate: These are made prior to your remaining teeth being pulled. They save you from being without teeth during the healing period but may need frequent realignments as your gums and jaw heal. Many people choose to get both immediate and conventional sets made.
- Partial: If you are only missing teeth in a certain area, it is possible a partial denture will restore your smile. These are made to fit around your remaining healthy natural teeth.
Caring for Your Dentures
Taking care of your new smile can be very easy. You will still want to emphasize oral hygiene by following these tips:
- Rinse and brush your dentures daily using a soft bristle brush
- Be sure to clean your tongue, gums, and the roof of your mouth daily
- Store your dentures in a safe place when you are not wearing them
- Keep your dentures covered in water when they are not in your mouth to prevent them from warping
- Always brush your dentures gently to prevent scratching
Get In Touch with Us for More Information
Ready to learn more about dentures and how they can help restore your smile? If so, we warmly invite you to reach out and make an appointment with Brevard Smiles. At our convenient locations in Rockledge and Indian Harbour Beach, our caring and devoted team of professionals will be pleased to answer any questions you may have. Contact us today to set up your consultation – we look forward to speaking with you!