Even if you take good care of your teeth, you may find yourself in the position of needing dental work done. Luckily, porcelain crowns offer many benefits with very few drawbacks and can help you restore your smile.
When Do You Need a Crown?
Dental crowns are useful in many situations. You may benefit from a dental crown if any of the following situations applies to you:
- You have a weak tooth that may break
- You have a tooth with a large filling
- You have a new dental implant that needs help staying in place
- You have a dental bridge that needs help staying in place
- You have a misshapen tooth that makes you self-conscious
What Are Porcelain Crowns?
A porcelain crown fits over your existing tooth like a cap. It can protect a tooth from further damage while giving you back your smile. These crowns are helpful for people who grind their teeth, have lost most of the enamel of a tooth, experienced trauma to a tooth, or have a tooth with severe decay. A light-sensitive resin is used to bond the crown to your natural tooth.
The Benefits of Porcelain Crowns
There are many reasons to consider a porcelain crown to meet your dental needs. Some of the reasons to choose porcelain over other options include:
- Strength: A well-done porcelain crown can be almost as strong as natural tooth enamel
- Appearance: These crowns can replicate the shade of the surrounding teeth, blending in beautifully
- Convenient: Depending on your needs, a crown can often be crafted in just one visit to our office
- Function: These crowns are strong enough that you can eat normally using them, making eating easier
- Gum-Friendly: Your gums will have an easier time growing around a ceramic crown than they would around a metal one.
- Long-Lasting: With proper care, these crowns can last you for a lifetime.
- Safety: Choosing metal-free crowns eliminates the possibility of mercury poisoning
- Comfort: These crowns are not sensitive to temperature changes, unlike metal ones.
- Non-Allergen: This type of crown is ideal for those with allergies to certain metals.
If you would like to learn more about the benefits of porcelain crowns, consider visiting Brevard Smiles. One of the friendly and dedicated members of our staff would be happy to speak with you regarding any questions you may have. We are conveniently located in Indian Harbour Beach and Rockledge, FL. Contact us today to schedule your appointment!